Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rocktober!!!



I frikkin LOVE Halloween- and the beginning of October marks the nearness of some of my favorite events of the year. Like the wonderful Greek Festival held at the Holy Trinity Church on NE Glisan every year. It starts on Fri & you can bet I'll be there stuffing my face full of olives, cheese, pastries, gyros, sausages & maybe some roasted lamb or chicken. Loukamades & strong sweet Greek coffee- here I come! I will also buy a raffle ticket in the hopes that one day I'll win that trip to Greece.
I also look forward to the annual Halloween party at Paul & Anina's- always the slickest and most interesting costumes in town. I've already begun work on this year's ensemble- should be a good one! Then there's always Wonder Woman Day at Excalibur Comics, too. Maybe I'll dress up & make an appearance this year. If I'm not too hungover...

While I deeply miss a true "fall" like I grew up with on the east coast (the lovely spectrum of colors in the leaves, the smell of fireplaces and leaf piles burning, sweet hot cider, the incessant whiff of cinnamon & pumpkin spice that seems to pervade everywhere)- I've learned to adapt to my NW climes this time of year. I'll be making stews, baking bread & snuggling down to read long neglected books in no time.

No comments: