Friday, April 11, 2008

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself...


Ah...my first post on my very own blah-blah-blog. Spose I should issue some sort of "mission" statement- my list of excuses for this shining public beacon of vanity & self absorption (cause who am I that anyone would care what I have to say, right?). I'm doin this here blog to keep friends & family flung near & far up to date on my adventures & interests. I'll be posting the podcasts from my impending radio show here. I'll be maintaining my "events" calendar here so any lost souls looking for guidance on cool things to do in Portland, Oregon will have the boon of my impeccable taste to steer them aright. I'll post pics & reviews of the numerous excellent local rock n roll shows I make it out & about to. I collect an enormous amount of fairly useless toys n comics n such- & here I shall expand & expound on my obsessions with gusto. There will also be some tales of booze, broads & bad behavior (I didn't earn the nickname "Lucifer" from pickin daisies & chasin rainbows, y'know!). I promise that names will be changed to protect the innocent. So you see- it shall be a whole lotta nothin- but in the coolest & sincerest possible way.

I would like to say "Cuadragésimo Cumpleaños Feliz!" to my sister & Lester. And a standard "Cumpleaños Feliz!" to my musical-partner-in-crime, Hot Stix, & to my buddy Landon, out in Key West. Big ups to my Aries brethren! I would also like to dedicate this first post to my old friend, Hans Pandora. The name of my blog is a quote from one of my all time favorite movies, Caddyshack (uttered my the incomparable Ted Knight). But it was Hans who imprinted this phrase forever in my psyche with his frequent, often menacing, and always impassioned delivery of it- typically accompanied by some sort of insane mischief. I haven't seen Hans since 1994- but in my mind's eye, he is screaming "you'll get NOTHING and LIKE IT!!!" and then slamming a door in my face. Ah...the old days of hangin with the "Irish Mafia" in Lincoln Park...I kinda miss Chicago now and then. But it ain't got nuthin on my new home town. Portland rules!

Well, it should only get more interesting from here. I'd also like to thank & worship the amazing Junko Mizuno, whose art I snagged for my page.
See ya'll soon...

5 comments:

snider said...

hey ... what about Aries in da house bretheren Diablo? apr 17 yo. Makin' headbuts count! it even says 17 next that photo of me.

Luciferous L said...

Yer bday ain't fer another week, ya goof! I was plannin on givin you yer own, personal shout out. Those other Aries have already had their bdays- so simmer down, Cardinal Damage!

Luciferous L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snider said...

::: blushes :::

ianjane said...

i can't believe throw rag is coming to dante's and i'm gonna miss it!