Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No Me Gusta!!! #1

It's my blog and I can bitch if I want to, bitch if I want to... You wanna know sumpin I DO NOT support? I do not like laser etched pictures of the deceased on their own tombstones. It really creeps me out. Who wants to see that shit!?! Especially when it's not even a good or nice picture of the corpse I'm standing on top of. I enjoy strolling around cemeteries. It's quiet, there's usually lovely flowers & landscaping & I really enjoy checkin out all the different gravestones for neat-o carvings, stonework & all the mysterious names & tributes to the long gone residents. It stimulates my imagination. But those creepy picture graves are always lookin at ya- givin ya the heeby jeebies. I want to see an artful likeness in stone- not a photograph!

Does this guy look happy!?!

Nope. And now he's dead and buried. And anyone who never knew him will see his grave & think- "wow, a really grumpy old russian guy is buried here & now he won't stop looking at me." Not my idea of a touching tribute. So if you really must insist on returning to the clay, literally- how about sparing the rest of us & avoiding one of these tasteless tombstones, huh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh come on! I'm saving up my creepiest picture for my tombstone. You know, the one of me in the yellow thong.