Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Today's video is inspired by the fact that I watched 24 Hour Party People last night & it put me in such a mood for Joy Division. I was quite disappointed by the lack of mention of The Smiths in this story of the Manchester music scene...but whatever. I've always loved this song because it resonates with me on so many levels. The romantic idea of love is all about roses, doves, kisses & the reuniting of those who were "destined" to be together forever. I've always found the reality of love to be terrifying, exhilarating & sometimes- it really does just tear you to pieces. It can make you sick & miserable. It makes you aware of your vulnerabilities & can make you suddenly realize everything that you ARE NOT. Yes- it does bring people together, but it also tears them apart...

No comments: