Wednesday, February 4, 2009

R.I.P. Lux Interior- Thee Most Exalted Potentate of Love

I was devastated to hear the news that Lux Interior of The Cramps passed away this morning. He was the coolest sexiest creepiest cat that ever was & I've been wiggling & wriggling to his music for over 15 years now. It's like a punch in the stomach. I can't stop crying. I guess I just always assumed that Lux and Ivy would be strutting around, teaching kids what rock n roll was really about, forever. He was a punk and he was rockabilly. He was an innovator and he also cherished & promoted his love for the best oldest classics of rock. He was sloppy and sublime. A Cramps show was like a wild burlesque circus sideshow that celebrated all the depravity & sexuality repressed in the monotony of everyday life on the street- with the best soundtrack imaginable. The Cramps sang about everything I love- monsters, kinky scenes, chickens, sex, drugs & rock n roll. No one will ever look or sound like Lux.

I can't stop thinking about how some of his sweat was flung onto my upturned adoring face as he writhed around in his own personal rock n roll stage orgy- and I stood smashed up against the stage barrier at the Portland 1999 Cramps show. He wildly climbed the speakers & ripped one apart- took his pants off & teased us all his nekkid wanger smashed against the mesh of the speaker screen. And I loved every filthy depraved minute of it. Now let's all get Fucked Up!!! This one's for you, Lux...Thee Most Exalted Potentate of Love

No comments: